Monday, August 27, 2007

Newspaper Inteview

Our newspaper interview was tonight so I raced home from work to clean the house while simultaneously attempting to wolf down a piece of pizza for dinner. As I'm hiding various odds and ends behind closet doors I imagine the reporter titling her article "Greasecar Leads to Filthy Home" or "Couple Focuses on Car while Mold Grows". By the time Debe arrived around 7:00 the living room and kitchen were presentable, as long as no doors were opened, and we sat down to a nice conversation. Being minor zealots Craig and I had no problems detailing the reasons for our decision or the resulting benefits. Debe taped the interview while taking notes and asking all the pertinent questions. After an hour or so we took her to the garage so she could view the fuel station Craig created and smell our rather odorless exhaust. Shortly after she left Craig informed me that there was something BLACK on my tooth. Turns out a piece of mushroom from the pizza I inhaled landed on my front tooth where it was plainly visible for all to see, although my adorable spouse didn't notice it until after the reporter left our house. So now I'm envisioning a headline reading "Burning Grease Leads to Rotten Teeth".

It turns out that our story is being published in the Indiana Weekly which is a supplement to the Louisville Courier Journal, with a circulation somewhat larger than I anticipated. Our article is scheduled for the September 12th edition so mark the date on your calendars!

No comments: