Monday, August 6, 2007

Columbus

I drove to Columbus (458 miles round trip) today for my follow up exam with the ophthalmologist at Bloomberg Eye Center. Before I left, Craig kindly filled the grease mobile with oil and loaded an extra 5 gallons plus the funnel into the back of the wagon. Although I stopped several times for food and drinks, the Jetta made the entire trip on free WVO. After my doctor's appointment, it was necessary for me to refill the tank with extra oil and the whole process from opening the trunk to washing my hands in the restroom (note to self: purchase baby wipes for car) took approximately 10 minutes. It's the first time I've filled the car on my own and although the container was rather heavy and I spilled a bit of oil, there was a sense of accomplishment when I finished and it was definitely worth the $15 I saved by not purchasing fuel from a gas station.

No comments: