Sunday, August 19, 2007

Buying Diesel

Our grease mobile still has the original diesel tank and runs on "normal" fuel for the first 5-10 minutes after ignition. The last time we purchased diesel fuel was on July 21, more than 2,000 miles ago. Today while he was out buying new tires, Craig did me a favor and filled up the diesel tank. In very short time, I've become unaccustomed to paying for fuel, avoiding the task as much as possible. Before the grease mobile, I filled up my car at least once a week but now that the custom has been interrupted I enjoy driving by gas stations and their absence from my routine. I'm surprised at how quickly my mind set has been altered, how I no longer perceive gasoline as a necessary expenditure but instead view it as a cumbersome, irritant in our grease burning adventure. Quitting gasoline has undoubtedly been the easiest habit I've ever kicked.

The reporter from a local paper was supposed to come by our house Monday for an interview but Craig's work schedule changed and we have to postpone our extremely brief flirtation with fame.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi. I just wanted to thank you for linking to my blog (volksvegan.org)! You have a great blog and it's nice to see other "greasers" getting the word out! :)

Happy greasing!