Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Greasecar to the Rescue (by Uncle Craig)

There I was, just sitting there on my brother’s couch in Midland, MI when the phone rang. It was my nephew Colin seeking roadside assistance. It seems that he was driving home from college (Western Michigan University) for Thanksgiving, along with his two brothers Ryan (Michigan State University) & Ian (Western Michigan University), when the 1996 Subaru Impreza Outback they were traveling in crapped out. They were stranded in a gas station parking lot about ten miles away.

I hopped in the greasemobile, and headed on down the road. I arrived to find them attempting to push-start the car in the rain. We piled all the fellas and their stuff into the greasecar, and took them home to their momma. Colin & I went back a bit afterwards to meet with a tow-truck, and have the lame vehicle brought home for later repairs.

My nephews were not only appreciative for the help; they were duly impressed with our tales of driving for hundreds of miles without paying for fuel. Surely they will repeat this experience to their college friends, and thousands of new greasecar customers will be created as a result. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for my finder’s fee check in the mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

Found ya. You have converted me. Now I just have to get the car, convert and I am on my way. I admire what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Lori